Ok, after whining on her site about not knowing when the cool kids were getting together, I noticed an announcement for this in the inbox given on this here site. Which I don't check very often, and should probably change. . .
All Blogger reading: Saturday, February 21st, 7:00 pm - Uncle Fun upstairs art gallery...
The Self-Publishers Event Council of Chicago (www.selfpublishers.org) and the Gapers Block web publication (www.gapersblock.com) are joining forces to co-sponsor an evening of readings featuring several of Chicago's finest bloggers. The show will take place Saturday, February 21 (at 7:00 pm) at the Uncle Fun upstairs art gallery (1338 W. Belmont, Chicago - www.unclefunchicago.com), and will be hosted by Brent Ritzel (of SPEC Chicago and Zine Guide - www.zineguide.net) and Andrew Huff (Gapers Block). So far our readers include:
- Mimi Smartypants - http://smartypants.diaryland.com
- Jason Pettus - http://geocities.com/jpettus.geo & www.jasonpettus.com
- Lacey Graves - www.lay-c.com
- Sour Bob - www.sourbob.com
- Louisa Heinrich - www. custom-deluxe.com
- Kevin S. - nadablog.com
- Alicia Dorr - http://randomlifeinprogress.blogspot.com
- Alex Golub - http://lancelot.uchicago.edu/log/index.php?p=53
- Lauriean Davis - www.shastamacnasty.com
- Jeremy P. Bushnell - www.imaginaryyear.com/raccoon
- Juliet Martinez - www.julietmartinez.com
Doors to the Uncle Fun upstairs art gallery space open at 7:00 pm (come early and peruse the Uncle Fun store, it CLOSES at 7:00 pm) Cover charge five dollars. B.Y.O.B. (there's a liquor store on the corner) A minimum of two hours of entertainment will be served. All ages are welcome.
Hell no, I'm not reading.
I'm much too shy.