Yes, it's another Frequently Asked Questions post.
- How can you let those people post comments at your site?
- I'm sorry, love, which people do you mean?
- You know who I mean!
- No, sorry, as I've mentioned before, I ain't Surak of Vulcan, and me telepathy is a bit wonky. You'll have to tell me who, specifically, you're talking about and what, specifically, they posted in comments that's got your knickers in a twist.
- It's not what they posted in comments, it's what they say at their own sites!
- What who posted at what site? Again, not really following you.
- Those people. Conservatives.
- Again,give me a name and a specific citation, child. Can't say as I appreciate when other folks call me one of "those people," so I'm not thrilled at hearing it slung at other people either.
- I'm not playing your game.
- Nor am I playing yours. It appears we have reached an impasse.
- . . . asshole. It's not what they're posting in your comments, it's what they say at their own sites.
- Bitch, who the fuck is "they"? And if you're convinced that what "they" say at their sites ain't to your liking, why the fuck do you read it?
- I can't talk to you.
- Well, that's certainly making my life poorer. Buh-bye. Don't let that screen door hit you on the ass on the way out.
Few days back, my hero Teresa Nielsen Hayden did ask Is it me —
— or has the entire universe been unnaturally irritating lately?
And a bit further in the entry, all of which is very much worth reading, points out, "I have no time for people who appoint me to strange roles in their rich inner fantasy lives. I’m not responsible for what I do in their dreams."
Which lets me know that she's the one I ripped that sentiment/statement off from. Me secondary battle cry, that is.
The first one remains Grow the fuck up, and it looks like I'll not be retiring either of them any time soon. Nubian Goddess knows I'd like to. . .