The following lines of argument will henceforth be taken by the webmaster as an indication that the person expressing them is, in fact, crazy. Or incredibly fucking stupid. Either way, not worth the time and effort to have a conversation with, or piss on if they were on fire:
- Two straight men couldn't get married, so allowing two gay men to marry is giving them special rights.
- Although your views place you firmly in the mainstream in Western Europe, I'm going to accuse you of being a COMMUNIST for tentatively suggesting that, say, universal health coverage or decently funded public schools are a good idea.
- That Condi Rice and Colin Powell are high-ranking members of the Bush Administration proves that racism no longer exists in the US.
- Anti-war demonstrators are "on the other side."
- Update: Ah yes, a quick visit to InstaPundit reminds me of, "I have [blank] friends." Where [blank] may be black, or gay, or Jewish, or basically who are The Other. Gosh, guess I really should mention that I have gay white female friends, huh? Otherwise, no one would know. Although this does run the risk of them saying, "Bitch, I ain't no ways your damn friend."
That list may grow. Haven't been wandering around online recently -- Michele is starting to scare me with the recent outbursts of. . . whatever the hell that is. I do point out, again, that I'm pretty much so far left I'm. . . firmly in the mainstream in Western Europe, and don't especially appreciate being demonized for statements made by random freakshows on sites I don't even visit. Which, possibly, isn't the idea she was trying to get across, but it's kind'a hard for me to read that stuff objectively.
You know, it's weird. I disagree with Michele on some things -- she's planning to vote for Bush, ferchrissakes -- yet we can have a perfectly civil conversation as long as we avoid that topic.
[note to tourists: This is me using a fucking sledgehammer to try to convey a Message.]